French Apple Pie with Golden Delicious performance:
Six cakes 3 inches or 9-inch pie.
2 pounds (about 4) Golden Delicious apples,
I peeled, cored, cut into 8 pieces and thick transverse slices 1/8
4 tablespoons dark rum
1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all-purpose
1 cup (7 ounces) plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
3 large eggs. room temperature
10 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter
3/4 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350 ℉. Spray six 3-inch round cake pan (3 inches high) with cooking spray, line with parchment funds, parchment fat. Place the prepared pan on a rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Place the apple slices in a microwave-safe pie plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until apples are flexible and slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Mix apple slices with 1 tablespoon dark rum and lemon juice and let cool for 15 minutes.
4. Beat 1 cup flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat eggs, brown butter, milk, remaining 3 tablespoon rum and vanilla in second bowl until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined. Using a spatula, gently fold in refrigerated apples. Divide batter evenly between prepared pan; Using spatula, spread the batter evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar evenly over cake.
5. Bake until center of cake is set, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the top is golden brown, about 45-50 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool for 15 minutes. Run paring knife around sides of pan and invert the cake from the pan and let cool on a wire rack completely, about 1 hour.
SUGGESTIONS Serve with a dollop of sweetened fresh cream, vanilla ice cream or dusting of icing sugar just wa. Cakes can send refrigerate in airtight container for 3 days; bring to room temperature or hot cake in 350 ℉ oven for 10-15 minutes before serving